Seeing the Franklin family again for their Documentary Family Session was such a treat! This was my third time capturing this incredible family and by far my favorite! The last time I saw them all was during their Newborn Lifestyle session for Carter! He is now 18 months old! Leah and Summer are the two older sisters and the sweetest girls I’ve ever met! As sweet as they are, they are wild little spirits with fun personalities and lots of imagination! I loved playing with them all!
During the Session…
When planning their documentary family session, I suggested they planned to have a few activities. I would simply capture the fun, messy moments, and crazy times as they unfolded! Here’s what we did!
- Made yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Played dress with up to sing and dance as the Disney “Descendent” Characters
- Bounced around the house on the bouncy ball
- Played with American Girl Dolls and their horses
- Made friendship bracelets for friends
- Made Valentines Day letters to a 104 Veteran from the News
- Read books that involved dragons!
- Jumped on the bed (probably too high)
- Had a sword fight in the bedroom
- Cuddled on the couch with a book
What I love the most about Documentary Family Sessions is that it’s capturing your real story of your family. While posed photos in a field are great, I love capturing these unscripted moments more. They make you feel something and smile in your heart! The ornery grin, the sword fights, the laughter and everything in-between. I love that I can capture these special moments for families and their kids. At the end of the day, you’re doing this for your kids! You’re doing it so they can look back on these memories one day and feel connected. To me, that’s priceless!
Are you interested in booking a Documentary Family Session?
Click here for more information!
+ view comments . . .